Here are a few encouraging words that might just inspire and bring cheer to you. What’s more, they are all connected to tennis. You might also apply these to your life’s other areas.
- In tennis, it is not the opponent you fear rather, it’s is the failure itself, knowing how near you were but just out of reach. Andy Murray
- Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill but you can’t play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there. Venus Williams
- The game of tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquility. Billy Jean King
- The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall. Mitch Hedberg
- This game taught me so many lessons in life. One of the things it taught me is that every ball that comes to me, I have to make a decision and have to accept responsibility for the consequences every time I hit a ball. (Billy Jean King)
- The next point – that’s all you must think about. Rod Laver
- What matters isn’t how well you play when you’re playing well rather how well you play when you’re playing badly. Martina Navratilova
- Speed in tennis is a strange mixture of intuition, guesswork, footwork and hair-trigger reflexes. Many of the players famed for quickness on the court would finish dead last in a field of schoolgirls in a race over any distance more than ten yards. Eugene Scott
Read, laugh and inspire your soul
- It’s difficult for most people to imagine the creative process in tennis. Seemingly, it’s just an athletic manner of hitting the ball consistently well within the boundaries of the court. That analysis is just as specious as thinking that the difficulty in portraying King Lear on stage is learning all the lines. Virginia Wade.
- This game uses the language of life. Advantage, service, fault, break, love, and the basic elements of tennis are those of everyday existence because every match is a life in miniature. Andre Agassi
- What is the single most important quality in a tennis champion? I would have to say desire, thus staying in there and winning matches when you are not playing that well. John McEnroe
- The serve was invented for the net to play. Bill Cosby
Inspire someone today by sharing these beautiful words!